Saturday, May 20, 2006

LOOKING BACK

I am still hurting from my father's death. Mom says she was numb for so many years. So was I. now the numbness has worn off and I am in pain. The time off definitely did me good. This year I forgot about even TRYING to improve my Spanish, but I think I did learn some things. Also, we got to see the rain forest and went to Palomino Island again.

The first time I took a "spa" vacation was when I was 20. I went with Dad to the Bonanza Playa in Mallorca. Back then I didn't need the beauty rest or treatments nearly as much as I do now. My first professional massage was by a big German guy old enough to be my father. Now I know the massage he gave me was too rough and I should have had a female therapist. He didn't do anything wrong, it was just awkward. Even though I was 20 I looked and acted older so they probably figured I was. My first facial was at the same place. It was by a German girl about my age and it was heavenly. She asked me "wie wäre Ihre Name" as though I were much older than she was.

Norma says my skin looks dehydrated, which is hard to believe, considering how much I drink. Still, four resolutions I have brought back with me:

1) Get more sleep
2) Exercise
3) Eat more fruits and veggies
4) Drink more water.