Tuesday, January 02, 2007

25 YEARS

This months marks the 25th anniversary of my first radio internship. It was at DC 101. You're probably saying "so she's a massage therapist, why is she talking about radio all the time?" Because broadcasting is what I want to do, massage therapy is what I HAVE to do to survive. The bulk of my income now comes from public relations, which I absolutely hate. I am so embarrassed by my day job I don't have it on my resume. One of my co-workers tells people she works "in radio." Working a job like ours and saying you're "in radio" is like cleaning toilets at McDonalds and telling people you're in "the restaurant business."

They had President Ford's memorial service today. In a way it was like watching my father's funeral all over again. I know, I know, you're saying "dummy, he's been dead for more than two years. Get over it". And you're right. Watching it was like seeing part of my youth, optism and enthusiasm buried. 25 years ago who knew I would be earning most of my money talking to retarded hicks and massaging horny fat guys? Let's hope I'm doing a hell of a lot better 25 years from now.