Saturday, February 03, 2007

TAKING THE PLUNGE

The water in my bathtub has been going down more and more slowly every day. It started in December when I used it to clean the bottom of the pigpen. Then it got to the point in which I ended up ankle-deep after every shower. And I could not see the bottom of the tub. I hate to damage the environment with toxic chemicals so I decided to try thermal means. When running hot tap water down the drain didn't work I tried pouring boiling water out of the tea kettle. And I decided to go slightly chemical by adding the kosher salt I used on the fish tanks, hoping it would dissolve the clog. It didn't.

Then I figured on mechanical means. I went to three different stores looking for plungers. I only found one place which HAD plungers and I thought they were too big/expensive. So I borrowed a plunger from work. I gave the drain a couple major compressions which would have got me an "A" in CPR class. It worked immediately . So there was some schmutz at the bottom of the tub after that, but at least I could SEE the bottom. Kind of alike a metaphor for my life -- bad stuff backing everything up. Hopefully everything will start flowing better soon.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic