Tuesday, March 20, 2007

GETTING LUCKY DAY 18

MSN reports they found Boy Scout Michael Auberry who survived sub-freezing temperatures after wandering away from his troop. If lucky things happen to other people...

The card I drew for today was the five of cups.
Traditionally it is associated with partial loss, regret, friendship without real meaning, marriage without real love, inheritance, incomplete union or partnership. However, Sarah Ovenall says it is about wallowing in misery and self-pity so that they become a self-fulfilling prophecy. I would say that stood for today. It started out well enough, but I found out a younger, less-educated, less-experienced co-worker is getting a raise. And then there's the office princess who's been here less than a year. Two weeks ago she chipped her knee. Last week she had a cold. She spent eight or nine days at home taking pills and got paid for it. I've been here more than six years and I don't get a nickel of sick pay. Last year she got a 37-dollar gourmet cake for her birthday. I got a shitty Giant cake. She has a better office than I do. It takes away from the joy of possibly getting a new cube.