Sunday, July 01, 2007

TRYING NOT TO BE TOO UNHAPPY ABOUT IT, OR MY LIFE DOESN’T SUCK TOO MUCH

A couple years ago one of my GF’s said to her oldest daughter “try not to be toounhappy about it.” I like that. It’s not “be happy” or “try to be happy” or even“don’t be unhappy.” Just “try not to be TOO unhappy.” That’s not too much to expect.So from now until New Year’s Eve in the Dennis Prager/The Secret/Celestine Prophecy/SimpleAbundance vein I figure I can note at least ONE positive thing per day. Even if it’s something like “the Starbucks barista was nice to me” or “the Starbucks baristawasn’t TOO much of an asshole.” Honestly it’s hard to be grateful for what I DO have when I see my elementary/high/undergraduate/graduateschool classmates or former co-workers in better jobs or relationships than me. But I noticed last two times I tried this things actually improved. Or at least they didn’t get much worse. So, for today: I am grateful that my services are in demand. Even if it means a 15-hour work day.