Saturday, September 01, 2007

RANDOM THOUGHTS ON THE JERSEY SHORE

Lots of Russians there. And all over New York and New Jersey. Some of them are with a US study program. I wonder how they feel having to work in an un-air conditioned Internet shop in a reasonably obscure beach town. I felt sorry for the foreign students who ended up in Gainesville.

A popular T-shirt decal sez "Jersey girls don't pump gas." Very true, and it's cheaper than it is here -- I think I saw it for $2.47/gallon.

Stuff tastes good fried. And on a stick. What next—fried watermelon? Tuna fish on a stick? If you’re in Ocean City, eat at Angelo’s Pizza on the boardwalk.

We saw the Nanny Diaries Thursday night. They mentioned New Jersey a couple times. Including the Jersey shore. Massage therapists get treated somewhat like nannies. I guess the thing to do is to earn as much money as possible so that you can get massages rather than give them. And hire a nanny rather than be one.

After spending 24-7 with people ages four to 77 I wonder if I am meant with other people. Especially with children.

Maybe the Jersey shore is where I am supposed to end up. I am busting my ass in DC, apparently for nothing, running like a hamster on a wheel, trying to earn money to pay debts which just keep growing back. I loathe Florida beyond all description, even though I could probably get a job there. So maybe I will end up on the Jersey shore, working at some tiny little radio station and doing massages and tarot readings to supplement my earnings. Or I could go to New York or Los Angeles and become some anonymous drone a title that has “assistant” or “associate” in it.

I took the Clerks and Clerks II DVD's to work to avoid withdrawal.