Friday, October 12, 2007

WEEK 77

A tough week, financially and emotionally. On Wednesday I got the following e-mail:

"Both ABC and XYZ complained regarding your professionalism. Your tone, attitude and demands did not reflect well upon our company. Consequently, we can no longer use your services and we will not pay you for your services as XYZ is refusing to pay for last night’s debacle.
Best of luck in your career."

When I asked for what the “demands” and “attitudes” were it was

1. Asking for a glass of ice tea (the sales director asked if I wanted anything besides water.
Asking for a pencil and paper (the client did not provide a list of people asking for massages, as was the usual. I didn’t want anyone to get cheated out of a massage.
My “attitude” towards the valet parking attendant. I was upset because he left my car with the keys in the ignition for almost three hours. This was in the dark at the intersection of 23rd and M Streets.

I asked to let him tell me my side of the story and he said “you don’t have a side.”
So now it’s off the labour board. I should not have come back when they asked me to.