Friday, November 30, 2007

CHRISTMAS NOVENA

"Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
At which the Son of God was born
Of a most pure Virgin
At a stable at midnight in Bethlehem
In the piercing cold
At that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee,
To hear my prayers and grant my desires."

The first time I heard this one was in seventh grade. You are supposed to pray it at least once every day until Christmas and what you wanted will be granted on (or by?) Christmas. It's unclear as to whether it should be started on November 30th, the feast of St. Andrew, or right before Christmas and whether it should be said for that whole time or just nine days, the way novenas are. And whether it should be said once a day or 15 times a day. At any rate even though I don't remember it working for me in the past, it couldn't hurt to try it again.