Friday, November 09, 2007

WEEK 81

There has not been much work this week, but not a lot of money either. But a lot of stress. I am considering some avenues which were less appealing earlier, but will at least bring some money in.

By the end of the week things were going well and I was feeling more optimistic. Then Friday night: I get up just before ten and find my big pig’s tummy troubles flaring up again. So I dose him with Mylecon and Critical Care. I have to call a guy by 11PM about renting some massage space and I cannot log onto the Internet to get his number. It takes several tries and a re-start but I get the number and get to him on time. It gets better. I forget where I’ve parked the car and one of the tires is nearly flat. Traffic is moving about two feet per hour and every light is red. When I get to the gas station there’s a cab parked in front of the air pump. It reminds me of the book Pet Semetary in which Rachel Creed tries to get home and everything tries to stop her. At least I got to work on time. I guess it’s true that all’s well that ends well.

So what I’ve learned is to keep on keeping on. Keep on paying the bills, making the phone calls, sending the e-mails, drinking the water, eating the salads, taking the meds, putting on the makeup. Because even if it doesn’t bear fruit NOT doing it will only make things worse.