Monday, February 04, 2008

DECISION MONDAY

I have been encountering a lot of sick freaks. About a week or two ago on Craigslist I saw an ad for reflexology. The woman is in my neighbourhood, kinda, so I e-mailed her asking whether she taught. She said no, but recommended a school which also has classes in DC, practically within walking distance of me.

Reflexologists earn $45.00 per 30-minute session and I really liked what little we had of it in massage school. So I've decided to start classes either this month or next month and become a certified reflexologist. The woman on the phone said it would take anywhere from four months to two years.

The school also has aromatherapy classes, but there is no such thing as a certified aromatherapist in America. I am taking these classes not only to expand my earning potential, but also because I REALLY find both subjects interesting -- I can't stop watching the DVD's and I have to control myself to keep from asking people to let me massage their feet. Kind of like when I first started doing tarot readings. Not only that, but it's usually women who want these massages, and I'm less likely to run into the perverts I am now...