Friday, March 14, 2008

WEEK 11

Ehhhh, well, not a bad week financially or emotionally. I can get through a full 60-minute massage but have to take a nap afterwards. It’s funny – I went to massage school so I could get more control of my life but now it’s got control of me – I wanted to go out with C and a bunch of other people Thursday but as I still require a lot of sleep and had to be at work at midnight that put an end to that. So much of what I need to do just requires signing a piece of paper and sticking it in an envelope, sending a fax or giving my credit card numbers yet I can’t bring myself to do it. And I am gonna be in real trouble soon if I don’t.

We had the worst fire in almost 30 years in DC this week. I have an alibi – I was in Virginia so I missed it all. I count myself lucky that I still have a place to live. The other day I heard someone say the subprime crisis tops Hurricane Katrina. So it’s not just me. It reminds me of stories I heard of the Great Depression in which you could buy a loaf of bread for a penny or a pair of shoes for fifty cents. I thought that was great, until Dad told me no one had the money to buy stuff. Period.

The big talk this week has been about former Governor Spitzer of New York, who evidently has no redeeming features. They say girls from the Emperor’s Club earn at least a grand an hour. I am really in the wrong line of work.

The AU Men's B-Ball team has secured its first Division I NCAA Tournament appearance in the team's 82 year history. Years ago I had a horrible crush on a brain-damaged AU graduate. The latest AU crush is not not pathologically brain-damaged. He just acts that way.
B has left us to work for
Bread for the World. Hopefully I will get a better job, soon, too.