Friday, April 18, 2008

WEEK 16

Hmmm, a rewarding week financially, and not too bad in other respects, either. Glad I saw the Pope. Like most religious things, it was a matter of obligation – people came all the way from Texas or even farther than that, so I can certainly go four or five Metro stops to see him.

I feel I’ve completed an obligation, kind of like attending mass or going to confession, but I honestly don’t feel very spiritually uplifted. What is wrong with me? Truly, I have come back from aromatherapy or reflexology classes feeling more spiritual.

I saw Pope John Paul II when he was in DC and I saw Princess Diana about seven or eight years later in Munich. I will never forget seeing either one of them, but truth be told, the princess made more of an impression. I couldn’t stop talking about it for days, weeks even. Maybe because I was about seven or eight feet from her and got a close-up view or maybe she has a better wardrobe consultant/make-up artist.