Friday, May 16, 2008

WEEK 20

“Someday, you will ache like I ache”

Courtney Love

My neck hurts from way too little sleep in the wrong position. At least I had eight days’ vacation. Otherwise I’d be really in pain. And I have decided busting my ass is worth it even if it’s just to appreciate a nice vacation more.

Didn’t do the Golden Door thing this year, but I DID get the chocolate pedicure at Edouard de Paris. Mom commented on the unhappy-looking couple who walked out of the spa just before I did. It’s amazing how many beautiful and rich, or at least well-connected women you see there looking miserable. I guess for some of them a spa is an alternative to the Betty Ford Center. Or a mental institution.

Looking at these uptight people makes me wonder what kind of image I project. And what I would like to project. I guess it would be Linda Lavin as Wendy Kobler on The Sopranos.

A kind of Zen thing -- I have found out sometimes NOT SAYING things, i.e. keeping your mouth shut, is better than saying them. Finally.