Friday, June 13, 2008

WEEK 24

As the Portuguese say, "too many tides and not enough sailors." There was supposed to be a pool party Saturday but I never heard more about it and I turned down the opportunity to do about four hours of chair massage at RFK Stadium. Then I found out it was supposed to be outside. In 80+ degree heat yet. And two people are off at one of my jobs yet in this time of massive unemployment we can’t find anyone to fill in.

So I said “yes” to this Lifetime TV thing which was a real bust, but I figure at least it was a mitzvah. And maybe it will bring some people to my web site.

Tim Russert also died this week. I was probably about a mile away at the time. He was pronounced dead at the hospital where I was born. And I went to his doctor once I think (he was my doctor’s partner). I think the last time I saw Russert alive was at Starbucks across from WTOP. I think years ago I wrote him a letter asking for a job.

So what have I learned this week? The importance of good health (not mine). Especially dental health. And good nutrition. And the sweetness of time spent at home, with family, friends and pets. Ironic that I went back to school and worked my bottom off for more of that, yet I’m more tired and strung-out than ever.

And I learned the healing process is a slow one