Friday, July 11, 2008

WEEK 28

Trying not to make this into another deathblog. My boss's father died, so that means more work for the rest of us. A woman was hit and killed by a garbage trip a couple blocks from where I live. I go over that exact spot at least twice a day. I was there 20 minutes before it happened. It was a good thing I got my bottom in gear in time, otherwise I would have been there.

I found out a graduate school classmate of mine died of cancer in February. She actually went back to Gainesville and stayed there. Ugh. It was like Teddy Kennedy -- she was driving her car, blacked out, and found out she had a brain tumour. Like a lot of us, she was squeezed out of her job and eventually left to spend more time with her kids. A former co-worker said maybe it was good -- she got a raw deal, but at least she had more time to spend with them before she got sick.