Saturday, December 26, 2009

SOPHIE'S MORE ENVIABLE CHOICE

So as all my Christmas Day plans fell through and I had a bunch of Blockbuster coupons, I decided to be Jewish – see a movie and eat Chinese. Saw “It’s Complicated” in Chinatown. People walked out of the theatre as though they had just seen “Schindler’s List.” While I might not have agreed with Meryl Streep’s decision at the end, it was a happier ending than “Sophie’s Choice.” And nice to know we DO have a choice.

Rented “500 Days of Summer.” In the first film the people were older than me, in this one they were young enough to be my children. I asked myself if I am as annoying as some of the people in this movie and cringed at the thought that I might be. Again it’s nice to know that maybe we are capable of and entitled to more than we think. And that we DO have choices and that usually things work out.