Tuesday, November 29, 2011

DAY 30

The following went out to Best Buy, UPS and Velocity:

On November 21st I found a refurbished Cruz Tablet on your web site.
I was assured by you it would be every bit as good as a new one.
Wrong. It took eight days for it to arrive -- tracking records show it
spent about six days in the UPS's Laurel, MD office. This is
disgraceful. Even with the holiday and weekend I could have walked to
and from Laurel to pick it up.

After it arrived the display kept on disappearing during the charging.
I called the local Best Buy store and was told the product was
probably defective. I called Cruz's toll-free number in the enclosed
booklet and was told a representative would call me back. No one has
called me and it has been more than 15 hours. I called Best Buy's
toll-free number and was told the wait time would be about 20 minutes.

This morning the tablet stopped working completely. I took it to the
Tenley Circle Best Buy. There was no assets protection person to be
found. The first person I spoke to was a sales associate named
"Othneil." His reply was "what'd you expect from a tablet? What was
it, Pandigital?" When I said "Cruz" his reply was "that's even worse."
Not exactly a good salesperson.

It was several minutes before the Geek Squad person, "Cliff," could
tear himself away from the laptop with which he was fiddling to ask if
he could help me.

"Paul," the manager was equally unsympathetic, but promised to speak
to "Othneil" and UPS.

This entire experience has been most unrewarding. In this time I have
missed all the Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales --
there are no comparably priced tablets available online or in stores.
Had the tablet been delivered earlier I would have at least been able
to find another reasonably priced one at Best Buy or at a
competitor's. Now only the highest-priced ones are left. "Paul," who
manages a major electronics store, admitted he has little knowledge of
tablets and recommended a Xoom or an iPad, neither of which I can
afford. The only positive thing is the fact that my money was refunded
promptly

Fail.