Sunday, July 16, 2006

THE BEST DEFENSE

There have been 15 homicides in DC this month. I heard someone on WTOP say a lot of people are signing up for self-defense courses. It brings back memories of the the day I was robbed three years ago. This is what I wrote in my other blog:

I left my building at about 10:45 AM on Tuesday October 28th. I heard a shout behind me at the corner of 20th Street and Belmont Road, "hey" or "huh" or something like that. The man then said "give me your money." I thought he was a homeless person, so I said "no." He asked a second time and I said "no, I'm not giving it to you." He kept on following me and said "Give me your money or I'll shoot you. I mean it." He had his hand under his jacket. I opened my purse and threw the contents onto the street. The man took the bills, but no change and no credit cards. He then headed in the direction of Kalorama Park. He was a young black man, looked to be in his 20's, over 5'8" tall (I am 5'7", but was wearing shoes with at least 1" heels at the time). He was light-skinned, thin build, wearing a two-tone baseball cap (white with darker stripes) and a bright blue or royal blue down jacket and jeans. He had a white t-shirt sticking out from under his jacket. He had dark eyes and the hair which was sticking out from under the bottom of his cap was short and curly. Yes, I thought he had a gun, yes, I thought he would shot me and yes, I feared for for my life.

Jay says if a client comes on to you hit him/her and call the cops