Wednesday, July 12, 2006

MR. F

He is not a client but he might as well be -- he is a coworker. He is overweight and does not bathe or change his clothes often enough. I think he MAY be familiar with the concept of shampoo. And deodorant. He was married but either his wife threw him out or he walked out on her. At any rate, after his shift he sleeps on the floor. Sometimes I have to wake him up. Other times I have to step over him. He usually sleeps through the alarm, which is set to a radio station which is not quite at the right dial position so it is incredibly loud and static-y.

Probably the worst thing about him is his socks. Sometimes they are so vile I almost throw up. There have been times in which I walk past the room in which he's sleeping and the smell wafts out into the hallway. Also, he is VERY regular. Around five in the morning, which is crunch time for me, he is hogging the bathroom. Sometimes it is so foul I can smell it in the hall even when he has the door closed. There have been mornings in which I have elected to wait to drive home to pee rather than use the bathroom he has been hogging, which is meant for on-air (read on-duty) staff.

Ironically, this man is a Born-again Christian. Evidently being born once was not enough for him. Mom says "Some Christians -- fighting and stinky feet"