Saturday, August 05, 2006

THE RICE TREATMENT

No, it does not refer to putting rice into a sock, microwaving it and placing it on an injured area. It stands for

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Somebody dropped a cup or a bowl or something on the kitchen floor and our crack cleaning crew didn't get it all. One of the little shards got into my foot and evidently hit a bleeder. This was about seven minutes before the beginning of my shift. I managed to hobble into the control room and sit on a countertop with my foot elevated. What was embarrassing was how nasty my feet looked, especially my toenails.

An interesting fact: both Google and Altavista searches of the word "rice" turned up pictures of Condoleeza Rice (smacks self on forehead)

border="0" alt="Image and video hosting by TinyPic">