Sunday, January 14, 2007

EMBRACEABLE YOU

Went to G’s party. Hers are always good. Every year we draw three cards: what we’releaving behind for last year, what we’re embracing this year and what our gift to the world will be for this year.

What I’m leaving behind: the Ten of Wands – taking on too much, overdoing it, tryingto go it alone. G also says tens indicated the beginning or end of a cycle.

What I’m embracing: The Knight of Pentacles. The knight is not a bad guy, he is loyal, hardworking, dependable. However, he can stand for drudgery, being set in one’s ways, settling for less and refusing to have fun. Interestingly enough, this is my personal court card. And Aunt Ellen’s. And that of a person who is very special to me. Does this mean I will embrace myself? Or Aunt Ellen? G. sez this card can also mean money.

What I will offer to humanity: the Two of Wands – vision, originality, looking ahead. I don’t know how I can use this to benefit humanity, but it’s comforting to know I won’t be working for some second-rate chiropractor the rest of my life. Or in some spa or some gym.

There was also a minister from the Arlington Metaphysical Chapel. We offered prayers for those we love, those with whom we work, those who are causing us problems and for specific groups of people. The prayer: to offer them healing, love and divine order. Shamu fits into the category of people with whom I work and people who are causing me problems. The group I picked was religious fanatics – not just peoplelike her and my bible-thumping relatives, but religious fanatics of all denominations.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic