Wednesday, October 03, 2007

TRYING NOT TO BE TOO UNHAPPY ABOUT IT, OR...XCV

It's like this: I am feeling good about psycho ex-boss and the job-stealing bitch being out of my life, at least temporarily. And about my financial situation improving and maybe other things too. And I get an e-mail about a job which wouldn't be my dream job, but so much better than anything I have now. So I e-mail a resume and the boss e-mails me back and I get excited. When we finally make contact he says something like "I just wanted to give you the benefit of a doubt" and that I probably don't have the experience he's looking for. I manage to bullshit my way through it and get an audition.

I figure I barely have a snowball's chance of getting the job, but there is NO hope for me if I don't audition. And it will be good practice and hopefully I will have made a friend.

The problem is when you've been beaten down so often it gets harder and harder to pick yourself up. So I guess I the thing I should be happy about is that I have an audition Monday.