Friday, October 19, 2007

WEEK 78

It rained. That’s the first real rain we’ve had in about a month. Despite talk of droughts and higher farm prices, I’ve been enjoying the weather, almost literally making hay while the sun shines. Ok, dirty cars, but also no ruined hair styles, makeup, clothes, shoes or papers.

It’s been a week of anxiety and disappointment, worrying about whether payments will be transferred on time. At least I was able to pay the mortgage. Things should get better when I refinance the condo, at least it will leave me with some financial breathing room.

It gets harder to get up with every knockout punch, every bad decision made, every bad bit of advice followed on – the job that just ruined Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year before fizzling out and kept me from advancing at another, the “media networking event” that turned out to be a meeting of a social club for the severely mentally ill. The only recognizable members of the media were me, my boss, and a WTOP reporter.

The latest job from Hell was actually recommended by the school. I told L not to send any students to them. And not to give them free advertising.