Friday, January 16, 2009

WEEK THREE

Well, hopefully my career and my social life will pick up soon. They say when G-d closes a door he opens a window. The jobs which for the last several years were my main source of income, those of which I purported to hate dried up and suddenly didn’t look so bad after all. Now, the jobs about which I actually am passionate are offering me more hours, although at a lower rate of pay. Let’s hope joining the press club will help.

Yesterday a plane went down in the Hudson River. All 155 people are accounted for. Maybe G-d is more merciful than we give Him/Her credit for. Of course, planes take off and land every hour without crashing and killing people, yet we don’t praise G-d for that. Hmmmm.

Tuesday we will have a new president. I am living in the excitement capital of the world. I was actually invited to one inaugural ball, but can’t go. The woman at Wachovia told Mom “she should go out and buy herself a fancy dress.” Mom explained that I couldn’t. I am trying not to think about terrorist attacks in train stations.