Friday, February 20, 2009

A BOO RADLEY DAY

“Dill had hit upon a foolproof plan to make Boo Radley come out at no cost to ourselves (place a trail of lemon drops from the back door to the front yard and he'd follow it, like an ant).”

“from the Radley chickenyard tall pecan trees shook their fruit into the schoolyard, but the nuts lay untouched by the children: Radley pecans would kill you. A baseball hit into the Radley yard was a lost ball and no questions asked.”

Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird

I guess having people terrified of you is a good way to get them to leave your stuff alone. But then if you lose friends or the cleaning lady won’t come into your room it’s a bad thing.

There was an alternative rock group during the ‘90’s called the Boo Radleys. Don’t recall them having a lot of hits.

One of my Facebook friends says the pecan is the Texas state tree. The first time I ever saw a pecan tree was in North Carolina. I told E I had never seen one and she said something like “yo’ standin’ under one” or “try lookin’ over yo’ head.” I guess you had to be there.