Friday, May 25, 2007

WEEK 57

I have been putting Tabasco sauce on just about everything I eat. And jalapenos. Not that it makes much difference. K brought his youngest to work. It was cute the first couple hours. Then I realized why I don’t have kids. At least she’s better-behaved than her brother.

Did a bunch of freebie readings – got paid with a Chinese silk scarf. Last time I gave a talk on tarot I was told it went over well, but I didn’t think so. Some people seemed really pleased, others seemed vastly unimpressed. I handed my business card to a cute guy and he handed it right back. I thought that was kind of rude.

I didn’t volunteer to do readings, I was asked to. I said yes in the hope that it would drum up some business but I’m not sure I would want to deal with some of these people anyway. Kind of like what Joan Rivers said about some of the divey places at which she performed – she wouldn’t invite any of the audience members to have dinner at her house yet she was insulted that they didn’t like her act.

It’s funny – some of the most ungrateful people are the ones who get cheap (or free) readings or massages. The ones who pay well are sometimes actually nicer.