Friday, May 18, 2007

WEEKS 55-56

Wow, what a two weeks it's been. Last Friday I was in Puerto Rico and not really up to blogging much. It never rains but it pours. I am getting more work than I can handle, and high-paying work at that. Some of it I even enjoy.

It's a good thing we had more than eight days in Puerto Rico, as so much of it was wasted dealing with hotel issues, itching, recovering from the anti-itch medications and looking for a new hotel in which to stay next year. I had planned on getting the works -- massage, facial, aromatherapy, schvitz etc. Except in my condition I couldn't bear to be touched and no real massage therapist would have touched me. The day before we left I dared to step about ankle-deep into the ocean. At least I saved money on spa treatments and my crappy insurance will actually reimburse me for the doctor's visit and following prescriptions.

It was spring time when I started school and spring time again when I graduated. Sarah's baby was born just before I got there and Mollie's was born just before I finished my internship. Both babies were at the commencement. George and Hope just adopted a baby, and weren't able to make it to the ceremony or dinner at the Alpine. So now I am entering another cycle in my life in which more babies are being born and people are getting married again.