Friday, January 09, 2009

WEEK TWO

Man, this week has flown by fast. I go into stores and see either long lines because there’s a demand for service yet nobody’s hiring or idle clerks.

Neither radiation nor oncology was required for my massage certification, but I read the chapters in the books because they seemed interesting. Now, unfortunately, they have taken on a personal meaning. Marie Curie lived to be about 65 years old and died of pernicious/aplastic anemia, probably mainly to years of unprotected exposure to radiation. I read on one site that her books and papers are still now so radioactive they are stored in lead containers. Working herself into exhaustion and not keeping a diet probably also played a role. Hmmmm, does this sound familiar?

Unfortunately, there is little chance of my winning one Nobel Prize, let alone two.