Monday, August 21, 2006

A NEW MOD

There are now eight of us in our class, nine if you include the teacher. Mike is gone -- he has switched to X-ray technician or personal training, I forget which. I am the whitest person in our class, in fact the only white person. Except for Pierre I am the only one who speaks English as her native language -- I presume Pierre's native language is English.

I am feeling kind of punk tonight. It must be an allergy or a virus as I am on an antibiotic already. Also it comes from people not returning my phone calls/emails and the hundreds of dollars' worth of Mary Kay stuff in my bedroom. I keep telling myself "be patient, your business cards and stickers haven't arrived yet so you can't really start selling the stuff anyway." And "give yourself a year. You can get 90% of your money back if you act in time."

Then Susan said "Good luck... and remember, the more people you talk to, the better you will become... You will make plenty of mistakes, but (what I always like to say is) Thank goodness I'll never make that mistake for the first time again! Enjoy the journey... go out to enrich women's lives, to make people's lives better... not to sell products... and you will find that they will want what you have... with your massage, give them all you've got... and with that wonderful touch, they will want whatever it is you are putting on them to remind them of when they got that massage.And remember that there are a lot of people who NEVER get touched... you have a ministry to touch (no pun intended!) people's lives... I know you are going to be great! Just be patient with yourself... you will get out of it what you put into it...Remember, like Mary Kay always said... make other's feel important... that is the secret to ALL success involving people. Get the focus off ME and onto the other.You can do it!"

And a guy e-mailed me back after two days.